(Historic downtown Annapolis by Steven Frame via Shutterstock)
The 12-week accelerator program will begin January 3 in Annapolis. It follows last year’s pilot of the program. The partnership of LAUNCH! Annapolis, the Maryland Tech Council, Annapolis Ventures and MCVC Partners are providing a curriculum, connections to mentors who are startup executives and potential seed funding.
The program received 50 applications, and eventually settled on a slate of 10 startups.
“We were humbled by the amount and quality of applications,” LAUNCH! Annapolis founder Ryan Sears said. “It was highly competitive and we are very excited to connect with, mentor, and invest in this exciting cohort of startups.”
The announcement came at the Maryland Tech Council’s Black and White Affair, held Dec. 7 at Horseshoe Casino.
— MD Tech Council (@MDTechCouncil) December 7, 2017
Here are the startups in the cohort.
- Agewell Biometrics, the analytics platform to help prevent falls for seniors aging in place developed by founder Joshua Wies.
- Arbit, the Baltimore-based social polling startup that is moving into B2B after an equity crowdfunding raise.
- AudioStaq, a platform helping podcasts distribute, publish and monetize content, founded by Baltimore-basd Gabriel Pendleton.
- MileMarker, a surgical training platform developed by clinicians and educators from the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. CEO Aimee Martin will enter the program.
- Everywhere Communications, a platform founded by David Collier to provide connectivity where cellular service does not exist.
- FREY, a clothing care product line geared toward men’s clothes.
- GasNinjas, a startup delivering fuel to drivers where they are.
- HoneIn, a startup founded by Anne Stuckey enabling companies to test and identify a strategy using data.
- Iºtia Corporation, a cybersecurity company providing software products with small form factor hardware platforms.
- TransitioningU, a platform developed by Mustafa Wahid to help first-generation and transfer students navigate higher education.
These 9 companies are entering Conscious Venture Lab’s accelerator
Johns Hopkins is launching an accelerator for student startups
AKUA enters Silicon Valley logistics and supply chain accelerator
Why two eminent Baltimore higher-ed institutions collaborated to create this unique dual degree program
These 28 social enterprises will take part in Innovation Works’ first accelerator
SpotWash wins $100K at Accelerate Baltimore’s Investor Pitch Night
F3 Tech’s pre-accelerator is for founders working in agritech, aquatech and envirotech
What Asymmetrik is doing to help lead healthcare’s digital transformation
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore