In CodeWorks, 62 Baltimore youth between the age of 15-20 are learning tech this summer.
Lessons on starting a business are also on the agenda. On Friday, July 14, they’ll get a look at entrepreneurship from a group of community leaders. It’s part of the program’s weekly Industry Day sessions.
The 1:30 p.m. event is set to be held at the Wright Theater in the University of Baltimore Student Center. It’s open to the public.
- C. Harvey, founder of Generation of Dreamers, and ecommerce-based streetwear apparel brand.
- Kyle O’Connor, founder of Startup Nest, an incubator in South Baltimore.
- Jermaine Bell, an Open Society Institute fellow at Exit the Apple Studio in Barclay.
- Krystal Mack, who opened Blk/Sugar in R. House after creating KarmaPop and PieCycle.
- Patrick Rife, cofounder of Pixilated and Startup Soiree, will moderate.
An open Q&A will follow the panel discussion.