(Photos by Tim Savage)
Can you believe this is the sixth annual Baltimore Innovation Week?!
See all our coverage of last year’s Baltimore Innovation Week and check out the #BIW16 wrap video below:
Now that that’s out of the way, let’s look forward: Baltimore Innovation Week 2017 is happening Sept. 29 to Oct. 7, 2017.
We just launched this year’s site, where you can create a user profile. Add your bio and contact info and you’ll be able to bookmark the events you’re excited about (but don’t forget, you still need to register for them separately).
The Technical.ly team is gearing up to make this the best year yet. However, we can’t do it without the community. So first and foremost, we want to make sure everyone knows how the can get involved.
Here’s a FAQ:
Want the biggest bang for your buck? Sponsor!
- Benefits vary from conference day tickets, speaking roles, a table at the closing party, branded materials and more. Contact our sales team for more info on available opportunities.
Want to share content or show off your space? Host an event!
- Save the date for the BIW17 Slack Chat — Wednesday, Aug. 9 (from 1 to 2:30 p.m.). You’ll learn everything you need to know to organize a Baltimore Innovation Week event. Join our public Slack here and be sure to join the “Baltimore” channel to join the conversation.
Want to share your expertise? Apply to speak!
- You can fill out our Speaker Interest Form, which we reference for all Technical.ly events throughout the year. (Pro tip: Be specific. It helps our events team better place you in an open slot.)
Want to show off your product/service/app? Demo!
- We’ll be looking for interactive exhibit tables for both our kickoff and closing events — fill out our Demo Interest Form. (Pro tip: Our events team looks for tables that are interactive and immersive. Think augmented reality or virtual reality, robots, drone, locally designed games and more.)
Want to meet new people and lend a helping hand? Volunteer!
- We can’t do it without your help so sign up to volunteer for the week with our Volunteer Interest Form.
None of these ideas above fit your needs? There’s another opportunity to get involved. Join our public Slack! There, you can chat with Technical.ly and community event organizers, share how you plan to get involved, get some tips on making your Baltimore Innovation Week event stand out and learn what resources are available to you as they are made available. Join the #baltimore channel to start the conversation and use the hashtag #BIW17 to get your more specific questions answered. And be sure to follow @technicallyBMR on Twitter to keep up with the conversation!
Don’t forget that you can just attend as well. See ya in the fall!
Here’s a look into the investor-founder relationship
Government regulation has changed. Notice and Comment is mid-pivot
Shining a light on the ‘black box’
Why two eminent Baltimore higher-ed institutions collaborated to create this unique dual degree program
Here are the winners of the 5th annual Baltimore Innovation Awards
BUGSS marks 5 years of community science in Highlandtown
Baltimore creators discuss how to grow a podcast
What Asymmetrik is doing to help lead healthcare’s digital transformation
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore