Inc. magazine dropped the second edition of its best workplaces list this week.
While it’s place-based, office space isn’t necessarily the focus. According to Inc., qualities that stood out were strong culture and benefits. They also looked at whether the employees felt valued and saw their workplace as more than just a source of paycheck.
Here’s who made the cut from the Baltimore area:
- Financial planning firm Berman-McAleer represented Baltimore County on the national list, and made the Top 50. “The firm is like a family,” Inc. writes.
- Also in the top 50 was Mt. Airy-based Quality IT Partners.
- Shift has been making moves lately, rebranding from entreQuest and starting a venture capital arm. The Fells Point firm founded by Joe Mechlinski looks to help companies have more engaged employees, and is recognized for internal efforts here.
- Locust Point-based Mindgrub was recognized for a culture that provides the flexibility and openness to keeps ideas flowing. One result: a holodeck.
- 2HB Software Designs, based in Columbia, offers the benefits that the owners of the company wanted to all employees, and looks to prioritize family.
These are the 10 most-read Baltimore tech stories of 2018
Here’s your 2019 guide to Baltimore’s coworking spaces
Forbes ranks Baltimore fifth on list of emerging startup cities
At 14 West, only go-getters need apply
23 Baltimore meetup groups where technologists get connected
SmartAsset says Baltimore ranks 3rd for women in tech
6 ways to experience virtual reality in Baltimore
Learn to lead digital transformation at Phorum 2019
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore