(Photo-illustration by Technical.ly)
Are you on the hunt for a (pick all that apply) exciting/more profitable/challenging/mission-driven job?
Maybe you’re just curious as to what opportunities are out there for someone with your skill set?
What if you could meet face-to-face with hiring managers from local, national and Fortune 500 companies for $10, then unwind with them at a super-chill happy hour with the greater Baltimore tech and startup community in the same spacious venue?
It’s on Thursday, Feb. 23, from 5-8 p.m. at the Baltimore Museum of Industry.
But it’s so much more than just a jobs fair. Let us count the ways:
- Professional development workshops to enhance your chances of landing that gig you’ve always wanted.
- Professional headshots so you can scrap that weak selfie you took in front of a graffiti wall (nice try, though!). This perk is courtesy of Southern Management.
- Resume reviewers from b.well, Community College of Baltimore County and the University of Baltimore on hand to get your paper profile as tight as your hand shake.
Check out the workshop topics and teachers:
- “Keeping up with the Jones: Staying relevant in tech” with Tim Kulp, Principal Engineer, b.well Connected Health
- Explore some skills and practices that will help you keep up with the ever-changing world of technology. Whatever the next big thing is, these practices will help you navigate and not get left behind.
- “Optimize Your Resume” with Lakeisha Mathews, Director of Career and Professional Development, University of Baltimore
- Learn best practices for making your resume stand out, and get some proven interviewing tips.
So, bottom line, for $10 you get professional development opportunities, the chance to meet top employers and the people who make the hiring decisions. You’ll save a lot of time since there will be no need to draft a customized personal statement for each company you visit: You’ll be able to tell them why you wish to work for them, and you’ll have the chance to sell your (wonderful) self.
Our exhibitors send their managers to carry out on-site interviews. Don’t wait for someone to call you for an interview. Get your ticket for NET/WORK Baltimore and give off a first impression that will make for a lasting career.
Enough chit chat. Here’s who will be there:
- Under Armour
- OLETZGO Solutions
- TEKsystems Inc
- PaRaBaL Inc
- 14 West
- Baltimore Collegetown
- Code In The Schools
- Asymmetrik, Ltd.
- Mind Over Machines
- Pixilated Photo Booth
- basys, inc.
- Apkudo, LLC
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Foxtrot Media
- Southern Management
- clearAvenue, LLC
- Yet Analytics
- Fearless Solutions
VitusVet moves to Baltimore from Columbia, plans hiring
This Week in Jobs: Win like a champion by scoring your next gig
This Baltimore conference helped small business founders craft their perfect pitch
How SmartLogic accelerated these startups’ product growth trajectories
This Week in Jobs: The first DMV edition
The Baltimore area’s tech sector contributes $21.6B to the local economy
4 strategies Baltimore companies are employing to close the gender gap in tech
This fast-growing SaaS company aims to be a force for change in the energy industry
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore