(Photo by Olivia Obineme)
Want to win a free ticket to Baltimore’s best conferences of the year?
The Technical.ly events team has been working hard to bring you our best ever Media, Dev, Business and Sciences conferences. And we’ve even come up with a few fun ways to get you involved.
First, though, what are these conferences all about?
- Think: Innovation, Biotech, Nanotech, Policy
This BIW track will feature a half-day of free programming at the University of Maryland BioPark. The day will also be supported by 14 West, Kaiser Permanente and Hopkins’ FastForward accelerator program. There will be a curated roundtable discussion, presentations from local science leaders, a networking reception and other programming during the day.
- Think: Digital Marketing, PR, Data Analytics and Social Media
Take notes during panels focused on the future of media that dive into best practices, new and popular tools and platforms and general tips for making your brand stand out from the competition. Stay for case studies from local agencies who will share specific client-success stories so you can learn from their experiences.
- Think: Code, Design, UX and New Technologies
Introductory coding workshops with hot breakfast at Impact Hub (10 E. North Ave.) plus a full afternoon of high-level Dev Talks at The Motor House (120 W. North Ave.). End the day with an all-inclusive happy hour in Graffiti Alley. For detailed descriptions of this year’s topics check this out.
- Think: Entrepreneurship, Business Plans and Pitch Perfection
If you have a business idea, these hands-on, interactive workshops are a great place to start. You will learn how to refine your business plans with feedback that is specific to you. Oh, and our topics are dope af and if you’re a student, you can get in for free by using the code “BIW16student.” Clutch.
OK, cool. Now how do I win?
- Our pals at Baltimore Collegetown Network wrote about their suggested events for college students and listed a few ways for you to win conference tickets here.
- You could spread the word about Baltimore Innovation Week on your various social media platforms and tag us using @binnovationweek and the hashtag #BIW16. Use this form to prove you did it!
- You can sign up for Technical.ly Baltimore’s daily newsletter, which provides instant news about what is going on in the tech community in Baltimore. For the code, use the name of the conference you’re interested in when you sign up for the newsletter. For example, if you want to win a ticket to the Media Conference, write “Media,” for the Dev Conference, write “Dev.” If you’re already signed up for the Baltimore newsletter, sign up for our national newsletter here and enter the code the same way.
What you need to know:
- Enter by doing one of the things above.
- The entry deadline is Friday, Sept. 23, 2016 and the winners will be announced shortly thereafter.
- If you’ve already purchased a ticket, no worries. If you win, we’ll either give you a refund or you can give your spare ticket to someone you really like.
- No purchase necessary to win.
Good luck and we’ll see you there!-30-
Join these Baltimore tech groups at Super Meetup 2020 this Thursday
How Zoom integration helped this event tech company embrace the pivot to virtual
Black Lives Matter statements, access and inclusion in gaming
10 virtual tech and biz events to connect with Baltimore at home this summer
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore