(Photo by Brian James Kirk)
We need ways to bring new people into local technical conversations. And we’re trying to do just that.
The entire day took place at Groove near Little Italy and was sponsored by PayPal, Message Systems, Red Owl Analytics, Traitify and Tenable Network Security, which, it must be said, raffled off the prettiest retro Atari you ever saw (Yair Flicker, the tech meetup staple and Smartlogic founder, won).
Find most of the day’s presentations here. The complete order of presentations are below:
- Rapid Application Development With Node.js and Kraken — with Felipe Albertao, Software Engineer, PayPal
- Tiny Components are Happy Components — with John Bintz, Front-end Architect, Sonian
- Debugging — with Anthony Mattox, Founding Partner, Friends of the Web
- Back to the Future: Creating and Testing Responsive Email Templates — with Lyn Muldrow, Web Developer/Designer at Cactus Sky Digital and organizer of Lesbians Who Tech Baltimore
- Building Stellar Dev Endurance — with Daryl Berver, President of Publishing Services, Agora Inc.
- From Relational to NoSql to Graph Databases, which one do you use? — with Sa’ad Raouf, CTO and Brian Thompson, Lead Software Engineer, Mindgrub
- Time and Concurrency — with Jason Lewis, Chief Technology Officer, Yet Analytics
- Flipping the Script on Threat Detection — with Mike Price, Vice President of Engineering and Wes Verne, Director of Engineering, ZeroFOX
- Superpowered Front-end Theming with Sass & SMACSS — with Angelique Weger, Senior Front-End Developer at Detroit Trading and organizer of Girl Develop It Baltimore
- Python in the Cloud: Django & Flask — with Alex Viana, Software Engineer, Terbium Labs
- Puppet and the Enigma of DevOps — with Richard McCluskey, Director of Developer Operations, Millennial Media
- Product Development and Support with The Atlassian Suite — with Dave Pelovitz, Director of Product Operations, RedOwl
- A talk about Kubernetes — with Eric Oestrich, Software Developer, SmartLogic
How the student entrepreneurs at UB’s Rise to the Challenge pitch night are thinking about impact
How to become a futurist: Deutsch Foundation VP Jess Solomon shared her investment approach at Creative Mornings
3 thoughts on career paths from women STEM leaders
Networking tips from NET/WORK: How these Baltimore technologists work the room
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore