The year’s top incubator companies were honored Tuesday in a ceremony at the American Visionary Art Museum.
The Maryland Business Incubation Association held the 14th annual Maryland Incubator Company of the Year awards, honoring both current incubator companies and graduates.
“The Maryland Business Incubation Association is delighted to be a partner with ICOY, the premiere annual event highlighting the great accomplishments of Maryland’s incubator companies and incubator graduate companies,” Robert Snyder, the incubator association’s president, said in a release.
In his keynote address, MissionTix CEO and Betamore co-founder Greg Cangialosi addressed the crowd of who he called “leaders and feeders” about how Baltimore has grown as a startup home since he sold Blue Sky Factory in 2011.
“We’re finally on the map,” he said. “We finally have kind of transcended a buzz that goes beyond our state borders and for that we should all be proud.”
Here are the winners from Tuesday’s event:
- Best Consumer Tech & Technology Services Company: Ntensify
- Best Education Technology Company: Citelighter
- Best Environment/Energy Company: SOL VISTA
- Best Graduate Company: Keffa Coffee
- Best Life Sciences Company: Rehabtics
- Best New Incubator Company: Allovue
- Best Security Company: Light Point Security
- Robert A. Spar Hall of Fame Award:Frank A. Bonsal Jr., special partner at New Markets Venture Partners
‘We’re all figuring it out as we go along’: Reddit cofounder Alexis Ohanian on what he learned from failure
Mental health startup Rose brings tech tools to Baltimore Neighbors Network connecting volunteers and seniors
Small businesses: When making the pivot, it’s a matter of money and mentality
Reddit cofounder Alexis Ohanian will speak at Johns Hopkins’ virtual commencement
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore