Who from Baltimore is headed to, or is already in, Austin for this year’s SXSW?
We’ve compiled a cursory list below of prominent local SXSW and SXSWedu attendees with help from others. (If we’ve missed you, drop us a note in the comments section below and we’ll update the list.)
And if you can’t make it to Austin this year, join Technical.ly Baltimore at our #notatSXSW happy hour and design competition at the Inner Harbor offices of R2integrated on Thursday night. More details are here.
SXSW and SXSWedu 2014 attendees:
- Ron Schmelzer, founder of TechBreakfast
- Elana Fine, managing director of the Dingman Center for Entrepreneurship at the University of Maryland, College Park
- Joseph Manko, principal of Liberty Elementary School, and several Liberty Elementary staff, including teacher Molly Adams
- Andrew Coy, executive director of the Digital Harbor Foundation, along with several DHF employees
- Katrina Stevens, co-chair of the EdTechMD innovation consortium
- Members of the Baltimore City Public Schools IT department
Also, be sure to check out this list of SXSW attendees from the Maryland and Washington, D.C., region that D.C.-based Foster.ly has crowdsourced.
At the 3rd Bet on Baltimore showcase, high school entrepreneurs showed off business and social ventures
People, tools and process: How a fully remote team works
5 tips for female founders from DMV investors and tech leaders
Verizon is looking for the brightest ideas on how to use its 5G technology
JHU’s Dr. Natalia Trayanova is being inducted into the Women in Tech International Hall of Fame
These Baltimore students learned Python and put it to work at the city’s Department of General Services
6 takeaways on the future of data privacy
Escape the August heat with cool AI tech
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore