In February, Technical.ly Baltimore is hosting NET/WORK, a technology jobs fair where organizations can show off their company culture and attendees can show off their personality. It’s not just a resume exchange, people.
NET/WORK will be held Feb. 20, 2014 at the Emerging Technology Center‘s new space, and will feature 15+ local tech organizations ready to hire. We know that great technologists have options when it comes to finding a job, so we’re building an environment where employers and attendees can test the “fit.”
This will not be a typical jobs fair.
Suits and ties are optional and conversations that dig deep are encouraged. Don’t just get referred a position but instead size up company culture.
The event will have a “coffee shop” area for private one-on-one, professional development programming, and a chance for LinkedIn appropriate head shots. Yes, there is also a happy hour for even more casual networking.
Those who RSVP will be matched in advance with organizations whose culture best suits their personality.
ATTEND IF YOU ARE:
- Looking for full-time work with company that fits your skills and personality
- Seeking opportunities in technical careers including front-end design, back end development, including PHP and Django, object orientated programming, including Python, Java and other mobile and database development and management, software and other engineering disciplines, UX, UI, product and project management.
- A recent graduate looking for an apprenticeship
- Interested in freelance gigs
- Currently employed, but want to feel out future opportunities
- Looking to network
- Have technical skills and want to attend a community event about tech company culture, professional development in a cool venue and a great social environment.
NET/WORK is produced by Technical.ly Baltimore
This Week in Jobs: On the Books Edition
Federal Hill’s ZeroFOX raises $74M round led by Intel Capital
Bringing cybersecurity to small businesses, Ellicott City-based Huntress raises $18M Series A
Maryland employers want to see these soft skills in tech jobseekers
Sign-up for daily news updates from Technical.ly Baltimore