Kevin Plank, CEO and founder of Under Armour, is kicking off a new Startup Maryland-organized boot camp for entrepreneurs.
Called Raise Your Game, it’s a series of six classes, held once a month from now through December, for new startup founders to learn how to manage and run a successful company. Plank is the entrepreneur-instructor for the first class, which takes place tomorrow night at the Federal Hill incubator Betamore starting at 6 p.m.
Register for the Raise Your Game class with Kevin Plank. Use the code “technically” for a discount.
The six topics for the Raise Your Game boot camp are:
- CEO 101 (7/25): How to be a strong startup CEO and team leader, with Kevin Plank
- Startup Up (8/15): Best practices when forming your company and avoiding pitfalls
- Planning for financial success (9/19): Financial models, capitalization table, accounting
- Virtualizing your company (10/17): Lean Startup approach and outsourcing
- Go-to-market strategies (11/21): Sales, marketing, PR, channel and distribution
- Raising capital and exit roadmapping (12/19): Lifecycle stages, financing options and exits
Instructors for the subsequent five classes have yet to be announced.
Startup Maryland is the organizer of this year’s Pitch Across Maryland competition, which will mirror the inaugural competition held in 2012. Startup founders across the state will have an opportunity to record pitches about their companies aboard a traveling pitch bus, and the top pitches will ultimately compete for a chance to win prizes and recognition at the annual Entrepreneur Expo.