Editor’s note: Every week we ship an email newsletter featuring the region’s most exciting career opportunities. We’ve lovingly called it This Week in Jobs (aka TWIJ — “twidge.”).
Below is this week’s edition; it’s meant to live in your inbox. Sign up for the newsletter here.
November note: For the next several weeks, we’re trialing a single consolidated national TWIJ rather than our separate geographically focused versions. We’ve heard from both jobseekers and hiring companies over the last year that they’re increasingly interested in opportunities beyond their immediate region, and we hope you enjoy this updated format.
We will be sharing a reader survey later in November for feedback, and if you have immediate thoughts or questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Next Chapter
Looking for a creative outlet? Why not try writing a book?
Seriously. And in the month of November, you’ve got plenty of help. NaNoWriMo (or National Novel Writing Month) encourages novel and experienced novelists to pen a manuscript in just 30 days through a supportive online community.
It might sound intimidating, but here’s the math: many novels clock in at around 50,000 words. So, to write a book, you’ve only got to pen 2,000 words a day on average. It might sound tricky, but every journey begins with a single step (or sentence).
If you’ve had a novel kicking around in your noggin, maybe this is the month you make it happen. Who knows? Plugging into that creative outlet might help you feel unstuck elsewhere.
Remote work may boost productivity, but it can bust an employee’s sense of belonging. Dive into the latest data on this workplace trend. Want more workplace culture insights? Sign up for Technical.ly’s Culture Builder newsletter.
Baltimore City Council President Nick Mosby met with local CEOs to talk about tech growth in the community.
In one year as a product manager at Philadelphia-based Stratis IoT, Shenali Parikh has experienced growth and accomplished a long-held career goal: managing a direct report. Read more about her journey and the culture at Stratis here.
During Global Entrepreneurship Week, the University of Pittsburgh’s Office of Innovation and Entrepreneurship and Big Idea Center hosted its annual Steel City Startups event, asking founders what they wish they knew before starting their entrepreneurial journey.
Bill Carlin, CMO of Philadelphia-based Shipmate Fulfillment, shares insights on the logistics industry and how a global supply chain meltdown impacts both consumers and your business.
We caught up with Chris Johns, the chief information officer of PNC’s Asset Management Group and Staff Services functions. Learn how she found her way to that role and what excites her about her team’s work.
- Qwire is building new products for the media and entertainment industry and is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to grow its offerings.
- Global provider of apps for independent software vendors Infinite Blue is looking for a Senior React Engineer.
- Experience design and software development firm Think Company is hiring a Senior Visual Designer.
- HealthVerity is growing better-integrated marketing campaigns and wants a Marketing Automation Manager to further its mission.
- Comcast’s career relaunch and education program Act Two is hiring a Reporting Analyst and Business Intelligence Developer for its six-month paid role.
- Power the clean energy tech industry with a role at Inspire. The team is on a mission to embrace the zero-net carbon future and is hiring a variety of roles to get there, including: Operations Analyst, Email Marketing Specialist, Senior Data Engineer, and Customer Experience Specialist.
- Vanguard is growing its Personal Advisor Services and needs a Senior Full Stack Engineer and Technical Lead (Application Engineering) to make it happen.
- Help streamline regulatory approvals for drugs and medicine through technology. Pinnacle 21 is seeking a Software Test Engineer.
- Axios is innovating news through an audience-first format and is looking for a Product Analyst to bolster its data-informed culture.
- Make an impact in everything from education to mental health through technology at EVERFI. The team is hiring a Senior Director, Product Management, Platform.
- Quorum is building software that helps public affairs professionals work smarter and needs a Senior Software Engineer – Platform – (Django/ES/PSQL).
- Interested in the IP space? Redjack is searching for a Software Project Manager.
- PNC is hiring for a variety of roles, including Software Developer, Infrastructure Engineer, Software Manager, and Senior Technology Engineer.
- Help bring regularity order to the medical industry with Rimsys. The software startup is seeking a Director of Content Marketing and Full Stack Software Engineer.
- Aurora is driving autonomous vehicle research and searching for a Developer Support Lead.
- Ready to take (autonomous) flight? Near Earth Autonomy is looking for a Content Marketing Manager.
- Nonprofit consulting firm Schultz & Williams is hiring a Consultant for nonprofit strategic planning, and an Account Coordinator.
- Mercy Volunteer Corps is searching for an Administrative Assistant.
- Attention CDL drivers! Jewish Family and Children’s Service is seeking a Transportation Associate who can help bring clients and materials across the Greater Philadelphia region.
- Mt. Airy CDC is looking for an Executive Director.
Ready to write? Creativity can unlock inspiration everywhere. We’ll see you back here with a manuscript next week.