Continuing the trend of recognizing local technology companies, Tech in Motion is getting ready for Philadelphia’s inaugural Timmy Awards to “recognize the best places for technology professionals to work,” according to the event page. Tech in Motion is a national event series organized by recruiters Jobspring Partners and Workbridge Associates, but the contest is open to all, not just clients of the firms.
Philly joins a number of other cities around the country with their own Timmy Awards, including D.C., which will be hosting its second annual awards later this year.
We’ll get to see the nominees and winners at the ceremony on June 9 at the Chemical Heritage Foundation (315 Chestnut St.), where there will be cocktails, light refreshments, product demos and music from the local DJ Pixel8ter.
The three categories for the awards include Best Technology Manager, Best Technology Work Culture and Best Tech Startup. Voting is open to anyone once a day and runs through June 2.
Here are the 30 nominees.
Best Technology Manager
- Chris Cera, CEO of Arcweb
- Mike Harris, CEO of Zonoff
- Jody Hamilton, CTO of Zivtech
- Felicite Moorman, CEO of StratIS
- Don Nawrocki, CTO of PeopleLinx
- Gabrielle Trotter, Linchpin and BuLogics
- Natalie Hirsch, Product Manager of WizeHive
- JD Albert, Director of Engineering at Bressler Group
- Anthony Romano, VP of Engineering at Leadnomics
- Ryan Lockard, Manager of Software Engineering at Elsevier
Best Technology Work Culture
- eMoney Advisor
- O3 World
- Music Choice
- Comcast Interactive Media
- Analytical Graphics, Inc.
Best Tech Startup
- My MilkCrate
- Swift Capital
- Relay Network
- Greenfish Labs
- ROAR for Good