Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an e-mail subscription for our Comcast news updates.
- An Award, Criticism and Perils for Comcast [New York Times] MSNBC Host Keith Olbermann is openly and regularly critical of, for example, Fox News Host Bill O’Reilly. Will things change when Comcast takes ownership of MSNBC, considering the company’s relationship with Fox and its owner News Corp.?
- Comcast-NBC Universal merger review hits FCC speed bump [Washington Post] — The FCC wants more information by Oct. 18.
- Alms for the Rich and Powerful [New York Times] — Comcast donates money to nonprofits supported from key legislators
Below, how the drop of net neutrality in Congress affects Comcast, offering home security and more.
MIGHT BE OF INTEREST
- Do ISPs pay minorities to oppose Net neutrality [CNET News]
- EarthLink argues against Comcast-NBCU merger [Atlanta Business Chronicle]
- FCC Dives Deeper Into the Comcast-NBC Universal Deal [DailyFinance]
- NBC Universal Invests in Addressable-Ad Concern Invidi [AdAge] — The advertising distribution service with engineering offices in Princeton, according to Philly Tech News, will be partially under the Comcast banner if regulation goes through.
- Net neutrality back at FCC, a look at how it can affect Comcast-NBCU merger [Washington Post]
- Comcast Homes In on Security Services [Light Reading] — Comcast has introduced in Houston a home security service.
GIVE A GLANCE
- Deal P.R. Adviser Joins Comcast [New York Times DealBook] — Adam Miller, a strategic PR adviser consulting on the Comcast-NBC deal, is taking a full-time gig. H/T PTN
- Ideas Forum: A Summit on American Innovation [Comcast blog] — Comcast underwrites an Atlantic magazine innovation conversation event.
- Comcast Asia licenses 400 hours in three months [Hollywood Reporter]
- Comcast Donates Additional IPv6 Open Source Software [Comcast blog] — Read the CNET News take on the move
When there is just too much Comcast news to follow, the Comcast Roundup will be there every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST