FastFWD, formerly the Philadelphia Social Enterprise Partnership, was conceived as a way to bridge entrepreneurship with urban problems of the day. The effort was initially funded by a $1 million grant from the Bloomberg Philanthropies to the City of Philadelphia, GoodCompany Group and Wharton.
The effort followed a series of social entrepreneurship events and discussions the previous year in Philadelphia.
Technical.ly Coverage (25 posts)
- Sep. 24, 2014 / Philly DuckDuckGo gets banned in China [Startup Roundup]
- Sep. 22, 2014 / Brooklyn Sayfty secures spot in Philadelphia social enterprise accelerator FastFWD
- Sep. 18, 2014 / Philly Meet 9 companies in the 2nd FastFWD social enterprise accelerator class
- Sep. 12, 2014 / Philly This FastFWD company creates videos to prep inmates for re-entry
- Aug. 21, 2014 / Philly How FastFWD company Algorhythm is fighting recidivism with software
- Jun. 9, 2014 / Philly Philly Prisons taps FastFWD startup fighting recidivism with tablets
- Jun. 4, 2014 / Philly These 3 FastFWD companies will run pilots with the City of Philadelphia
- Jun. 3, 2014 / Philly D8A: Can a FastFWD company turn cops into data scientists?
- Jun. 2, 2014 / Philly FastFWD’s Legal Science Partners wants to be ‘iTunes of legal research’
- May. 20, 2014 / Philly Village Defense: FastFWD company is a tech-driven town watch
- May. 20, 2014 / Philly FastFWD: accelerator is looking for public safety-focused companies
- May. 19, 2014 / Philly SHIFT_DESIGN: FastFWD company makes pop-up buildings for vacant lots
- Apr. 30, 2014 / Philly Safecity: FastFWD company empowers women to map street harassment
- Apr. 25, 2014 / Philly Impact Hub took over 3rd Ward’s former building: here’s what next
- Mar. 24, 2014 / Philly Mayor’s Innovation Fund: new $100K fund will back innovative projects
- Feb. 21, 2014 / Philly Meet the 10 companies in first FastFWD social enterprise accelerator class
- Nov. 1, 2013 / Philly FastFWD: will partnership grow or slow social enterprise’s impact here?
- Oct. 30, 2013 / Philly City’s social good accelerator to use former 3rd Ward building as HQ
- Oct. 21, 2013 / Philly FastFWD: city’s 12-week social enterprise accelerator will focus on public safety
- Jun. 10, 2013 / Philly GoodCompany Group’s summer 2013 social enterprise accelerator class
- Apr. 25, 2013 / Philly These four organizations are leading social entrepreneurship in Philly
- Apr. 8, 2013 / Philly Apply for GoodCompany Group’s social entrepreneurship accelerator by April 15
- Mar. 14, 2013 / Philly Why it matters GoodCompany Group got $500k from Investors Circle
- Mar. 13, 2013 / Philly Social Enterprise Partnership wins $1M in Bloomberg Mayors Challenge
- Nov. 5, 2012 / Philly Philadelphia Social Enterprise Partnership: Bloomberg Philanthropies names city incubator a finalist in $5M Mayors Challenge