The finalists, chosen out of 118 entries, offered a look at what local organizations believe the community needs. At least three proposals involve collecting data on the startup community and creating an online directory. Two proposals involve programs focused on underserved communities like women and minority entrepreneurs.
Find the full list of finalists here or see the project titles listed below.
Many local organizations viewed the “Call for Ideas” grant as an opportunity to expand existing programs. Accelerators and incubators like Venturef0rth, the Enterprise Center and socially-minded GoodCompany Group look to grow their programming (read more about the bustling coworking scene here). The popular monthly Philly Tech Meetup also hopes to expand.
Winners will be announced this month.
- Greater Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technologies (PACT) The PACT Enterprise Hackathon
- Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce â€“ Entrepreneur’s Resource Directory
- Seed Philly Startup Data Collection Engine
- Campus Philly and Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeastern Pennsylvania (BFTP/SEP) Targeted Internship Matching Program
- Bob Moore, RJ Metrics â€“ Entrepreneurship Podcast
- The Franklin Institute â€“ STEM Opportunities at the 2013 Philadelphia Science Festival
- The Moore College of Art and Design â€“ Women’s Creative Entrepreneurial Launch
- Slash 7 and Indy Hall â€“ Philadelphia Bootstraper Conference: BaconBizConf
- GreenLight Fund, Scattergood Foundation, and Wharton Social Impact Initiative â€“ Collaborative Work and Learning Space: The Exchange
- The Enterprise Center â€“ Center for Culinary Enterprises Program
- Philly Tech Meetup â€“ Program Expansion
- The University City Science Center â€“ Formalize and Expand the Regional Affinity Incubation Network (RAIN)
- Venture F0rth â€“ Program and Facility Expansion: VentureF0rth Commons
- Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeastern Pennsylvania (BFTP/SEP), Greater Philadelphia Alliance for Capital Technologies (PACT), Philly Startup Leaders â€“ The Philadelphia Startup Information Web site
- Technically Philly, the Knight Foundation, Delaware Valley Grantmakers â€“ Social Entrepreneurship Asset Map
- Philadelphia’s Coalition of Rising Education Leaders (PhillyCORE Leaders) â€“ Education Entrepreneur Support and Pitch Night
- The Entrepreneurial Law Clinic at the Earle Mack School of Law at Drexel University â€“ Open Source Legal Documents
- Advancena, LLC â€“ Lean Start-ups for the Minority Community Program
- GoodCompany Group â€“Program Expansion
- Startup Corps â€“ High School Entrepreneur Program