Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an email subscription for our weekly Comcast roundup or other news updates.
- Why 1.2 million people want to work for Comcast [Philadelphia Inquirer] “The Philadelphia company, transforming itself from a utility-type cable-TV distributor into a high-tech and media giant, now competes with Silicon Valley companies for entrepreneurial talent who can develop mobile and online products as part of its ‘TV Everywhere’ initiative – watching TV shows and movies on smartphones, tablets, and laptops. It has a 1,000-engineer unit, called Comcast Labs, with operations in Silicon Valley, Denver, Seattle, Washington and Philadelphia, and employs 40 individuals with doctorates working on, among other projects, next-generation video.”
- Comcast CEO Roberts sells $11.6M worth of company stock [Philadelphia Business Journal]
- PA spent $4.84B on tax incentives annually since 2007, incl. $18M for Comcast: but some question impact [Technically Philly]
- Comcast And Carmike Steal The Show In An Unusually Strong Year For Media Stocks [Deadline]
- Comcast, Fox in Carriage Talks as Deal Nears End [Broadcasting & Cable] “Comcast, the biggest cable operator, and Fox Networks, one of the top programmers, are engaged in quiet renewal discussions as their carriage agreement covering the Fox broadcast stations and some regional sports networks nears an end-of-year expiration.”