Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an email subscription for our weekly Comcast roundup or other news updates.
- Comcast antitrust case heading to U.S. Supreme Court [Philadelphia Inquirer]
- Comcast binges on Wi-Fi hotspots in California [GigaOM] “On Thursday the cable company said it has completed a build of a ‘few thousand’ Wi-Fi hotspots throughout its northern and central California cable territory, including the San Francisco Bay Area.”
- Telemundo Media to Offer Bilingual Approach to Advertisers [NYTimes] “In a move to increase its reach with both English- and Spanish-speaking Hispanic consumers, Telemundo Media will announce on Monday a new advertising platform in conjunction with Comcast Spotlight, an advertising unit of Comcast.”
- NBCUniversal, Comcast and HBO partner with Zeebox on U.S. launch [LA Times]
- Comcast tests trial of “usage-based pricing plans” [First Coast News] “Knight is one of hundreds of thousands of customers in the Tucson region who are part of Comcast’s trial of “usage-based pricing plans” that replace all-you-can-use data plans with ones that cap the amount of data a customer can download.”
- Bloomberg, Comcast Trade FCC Filings [Multichannel News]