Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an email subscription for our weekly Comcast roundup or other news updates.
- Comcast spends more on marketing during Q2 [Fierce Cable] “Comcast spent $469.7 million to market its Xfinity products during the second quarter, shelling out more money on advertising than any other telecom company, Kantar Media said Monday.”
- Brian Roberts and Steve Burke [Vanity Fair] The magazine ranks the CEOs of Comcast/NBC Universal #2 on its list of “The Powers That Be.”
- NBC Broke Even on London Olympic Games, Head of Sports Says [Bloomberg] “Advertising sales for the games soared to about $1.25 billion, exceeding NBC’s forecast and rising almost 50 percent from the Beijing Olympics four years ago. Lazarus said on Aug. 2 the network had a “small chance” for a profit after initially projecting a $200 million loss. NBC Universal paid about $1.18 billion for U.S. TV rights to the Olympics.”
- Comcast Launches Nation’s First Tailored Triple Play Package for the Hispanic Market [Herald Online]
- Janney Capital starts Comcast at ‘Buy’ [Bloomberg Businessweek] “Janney Capital analyst Tony Wible initiated coverage of Comcast Corp. on Tuesday with a “Buy” rating, saying long-term technology trends are blowing in the cable company’s direction.”
- Comcast Brings Small Business Owners More Options for Advanced Technical Support [Investors.com]
- Comcast’s Inept Collections Practice Is Putting My Mortgage Application At Risk [The Consumerist]