We’ve already got an effort going to ensure Philly’s got a serious presence at next year’s South by Southwest. Here’s what else you can do to make sure Philly represents at the annual festival in Austin for all things creative: vote for some local speakers.
SXSW notes that Panel Picker votes count for only 30 percent of the decision-making process, with the SXSW staff and advisory board weighing in, too.
Voting ends this Friday, so get to it.
Below, a rundown of Philly-relevant speakers and panels. If we missed any, let us know in the comments and we’ll be sure to add it.
- David vs. Goliath – When to Take on the Big Boys: TicketLeap CEO Chris Stanchak on what it takes to go head to head with a major company like Ticketmaster, along with three other CEOs who did the same.
- A DIY Music Revolution: Artists, Take Control!: Stanchak on how musicians can take advantage of the quickly-evolving music industry.
- How to Survive Your Soul Crushing Day Job: Curalate designer and Philly Startup Weekend co-organizer Melissa Morris Ivone on how to keep your spirits and passion high when you’re working one of those jobs that purely pay the bills.
- Can Crowdfunding Save Local Government Budgets?: Story Bellows of the Mayor’s Office, along with three others, on if and how crowdfunding can work for city government initiatives.
- How to Make a Non-fiction Web Series: Film producers David Dylan Thomas and Maurice Gaston, who are behind the “Developing Philly” web series, on how to make a documentary web series.
- Big Data Challenge: Turn User Data into Action: Monetate’s Chief Marketing Officer Kurt Heinemann on how companies can use big data to their advantage.
- Online Personalization: Convenient or Creepy?: Heinemann, on a two-person panel, on the tricky business of personalizing a user’s experience.
- Is Responsive Design Future Proof?: Monetate CEO David Brussin, on a two-person panel, on whether or not responsive design is the answer for everyone.
- I Screen You Screen We All Screen for More Screens: Heinemann, on a four-person panel, on how to best use all the different kinds of screens (tablet, mobile, etc.) available.
- Finding the Right Co-Founder For Your Startup: Shahab Kaviani, co-founder of CoFoundersLab, the Washington, D.C.-based service that launched in Philly almost two years ago, on a two-person panel about how to build the best founding team.
- Digital Outcasts: The New Bootstrapping: Kel Smith, founder of Anikto, on how “digital outcasts” are using innovation to transform their communities.
- Novelty vs. Utility: Bet You Can’t Have Just One: Rebecca Sherman, studio director at Bluecadet Interactive, on a four-person panel on how to navigate between novelty and utility when it comes to customer engagement.