Philly Tech Week 2012 presented by AT&T will feature a lunchtime series of free sessions on varying technology issues, from green technology to black entrepreneurship to video game development, all held at WHYY headquarters in Old City.
Visit PhillyTechWeek.com for the full calendar.
Also like last year, in partnership with Nonprofit Technology Resources, we ask attendees to bring any old or outdated laptops or other related computer equipment, to be refurbished and sold to low-income Philadelphians. Donations follow the same specifications of last year.
Even better though, Saxbys Coffee is going to show off its expanded catering menu by providing sandwiches and other light refreshments to make sure you’re full while you learn about some of the best the Philadelphia technology community has to offer.
- MONDAY: OpenAccessPhilly Showcase: Lightning presentations on major public-private partnerships including Philly Rising, OpenDataPhilly and Freedom Rings, organized in partnership with OpenAccessPhilly. RSVP here.
- TUESDAY: Civic Engagement in Science: A showcase and panel on the technology and other factors increasing citizen participation in scientific research, organized in partnership with SciStarter. RSVP here.
- WEDNESDAY: PlanPhilly Tax Delinquency App Demo: A demo event showcasing PlanPhilly’s tax delinquency web application and a panel discussion highlighting the partnership between PlanPhilly and the Philadelphia Inquirer that enabled the app. RSVP here.
- THURSDAY: WHAT IT TAKES to be a black tech entrepreneur: Are you ready to take your tech company or start up to the next level? Join us for lunch and meet tech entrepreneurs at the top of their game that will share their strategies that made their tech start ups or used technology to turn their ideas into successful companies, as organized in partnership with WhatItTakes. RSVP here.
- FRIDAY: Unity Videogame Showcase: Come play with locally made and other videogames developed using the popular Unity software and learn about how they’re made, organized in partnership with the Philadelphia Videogame Lab. RSVP here.