Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get an email subscription for our weekly Comcast roundup or other news updates.
- Comcast to FCC: We Have Met — and Often Exceeded — Merger Conditions [Reuters]
- Comcast Files First NBCU Condition Compliance Report [Broadcasting and Cable] — “Says conditions have become part of company’s DNA, and that it has overdelivered on some promises” More from the Comcast blog here.
- Comcast’s Netflix Killer Isn’t One Yet. But It Could Be. [All Things Digital]
- Comcast On Demand TiVo Integration Weeks Away [Zatz Not Funny]
- Mets Asked To Use SNY As Collateral For Comcast And Time Warner Cable Investment [Forbes]
- Q&A: Comcast’s Cathy Avgiris [Light Reading Cable] — EVP in data. H/T Philly Tech News
- Netflix CEO to Comcast: Quit the poor-mouthing (CNET News)
- Comcast enters smart thermostat game [MotherNature Network] — “Comcast partners with EcoFactor to bringing smart thermostat technology to Xfinity Home customers. ” More from Multichannel News here and more from Gigaom here.
- Comcast Business Services Launches New Chamber Referral Program in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C. [MarketWatch] — “Program enables organizations to provide their members with even more ways to save on Comcast Business Class Solutions “
- A Triple Play Ends the Inning, Comcast [MSNBC] — Perspective on cable ‘bundling’ of services
- Comcast Beats Analyst Estimates on EPS [MSNBC]
- Comcast Endorses Multi-stakeholder Approach to Developing Online Privacy Principles [Comcast Voices]
- Comcast’s Role in Carrier Ethernet 2.0 [Comcast Voices]
GIVE A GLANCE
- Comcast Promotes William Strahan to Executive Vice President of Human Resources for Comcast Cable [Business Wire] H/T Philly Tech News
- Brodsky Becomes Member of SCTE Foundation Board Comcast Exec Joins Werner, Fawaz [Multichannel News]
- Edmunds exits Cox for new job at Comcast Cable [Communications, Engineering & Design Magazine]
- Advanced Advertising: Comcast’s Jenckes Sees Plenty of ITV Ad Opportunities [Multichannel News] — “Exec Also Bullish on VOD Mid-Roll Dynamic Ad Insertion”
- Comcast cutting some local jobs, adding more [KnoxvilleBiz] — In Tennessee, “As Comcast cuts 16 local positions and transfers the work to Chattanooga, the telecommunications company is filling 85 other jobs at its Asheville Highway operations center.”