- Checkpoint slashes 3Q, annual outlook; shares dive [AP via Business Week] From Philly Tech News: Center City-based “company now plans 1,000 employee reduction vs. 200 in prior plan; CEO cites sudden downturn of business in Europe.” Checkpoint moved to Philly from Gloucester County last fall.
- Learn how we helped to fabricate the TEDxPhilly sign [NextFab Studio]
- Gift List by QVC [Tim Quirino’s blog] — The QVC developer and Geekadelphia co-founder shows off the QVC’s new app
- Greater Philadelphia Chamber adds education focus [Philadelphia Business Journal]
- Geek of the Week: Brady Russell: Creator of the Webcomic Eat the Babies [Geekadelphia]
- Philly Photo Day is Oct. 28 [Geekadelphia]
- Teva decides fate of Cephalon offices [Philadelphia Business Journal] — “Following the completion of Teva’s takeover of Cephalon Friday, a Teva spokeswoman confirmed that Cephalon’s corporate headquarters in Frazer, Pa.” More details on the deal here.
- New startup accelerator, Novotorium, takes shape in Bucks; to launch next month [Philly Tech News]
- Digitas/Razorfish Health CEO Kramer to Retire by Year’s End (MediaBistro: AgencySpy)
- MyYearbook.com tops business growth list [PhillyBurbs.com]
- NJ Transit Starts Tap-And-Pay Smartphone Option With Google [Bloomberg]
- Early stage companies target health sector at Philadelphia conference [Med City News]
- Apps for SEPTA Recap [Vox Populi] — Including video from sponsor TicketLeap of the hackathon Technically Philly co-sponsored