Every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST, find all the stories you need to know about your friendly telecommunications giant in the Comcast Roundup. Get ane-mail subscription for our Comcast news updates.
Updated 10/28/10 @ 10:23 p.m. with a variety of new stories
- Zalaznick Says Comcast Takeover Would Make NBC `Robust’ [Washington Post] — Video of Lauren Zalaznick, head of NBC Universal Inc.’s women and lifestyle division, saying just that.
- Comcast Loses More Subscribers Than Expected, but Its Earnings Top Estimates [New York Times]
- Is Comcast’s Xfinity TV a Trojan Horse? [Gigaom] H/T Philly Tech News
Below, Comcast says its ‘disappearing subscribers’ aren’t ‘cord cutters’ and more.
MIGHT BE OF INTEREST
- Hurt by merger, Comcast profits fall 8 percent [Delaware News Journal]
- Comcast revenue up despite shedding 275,000 customers [Inquirer] — Note the differing headline from the News Journal.
- Comcast CEO: iPad, tablets give us ability to ‘start from scratch’ on TV interface [ZD Net]
- Xfinity and beyond: Comcast’s TV Everywhere service goes nationwide [CED]
- What’s Bloomberg’s beef with Comcast NBC merger? The TV Dial [Washington Post]
- Comcast Opens Xfinity TV Online To All Video Subs [Multichannel News]
- Comcast Says Its Disappearing Subscribers Aren’t Cord Cutters [All Things Digital: Media Memo]
- Washington Post editorial: Comcast-NBCU merger without net neutrality conditions [Washington Post]
GIVE A GLANCE
- Bits: Kleiner Perkins and Partners Create $250 Million ‘Social’ Fund [New York Times] — Comcast, Liberty Media and others are joining a $250 million fund to invest in social networking startups
- Our friend J T. Ramsay has become Comcast’s chief blogger, after formerly being music editor for Comcast.net, as Philly Tech News notes. Ramsay is replacing Scott McNulty, who returned to Wharton Computing.
- Showtime Launches Online Service With Comcast [ABC News]
- Comcast offers TV online to its TV subscribers [Inquirer]
- Comcast Sued For Elderly Emergency Mishap [DSL Reports]
- Comcast CEO Discusses Q3 2010 Results – Earnings Call Transcript [The Street]
- Comcast’s profit slips in Q3 [Adweek]
When there is just too much Comcast news to follow, the Comcast Roundup will be there every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. EST