- The AP reports on a study that suggests Pennsylvania should skip tax breaks for high-tech companies.
- The Silicon Alley Insider has an essay on the Boston tech startup scene.
After the jump, the region’s 30-year-old computer society hosts Far McKon, Prince lasers and local Tablet news.
MIGHT BE WORTH YOUR TIME
- The Philadelphia Area Computer Society announces that hacker scenester Far McKon will speak at their meeting tomorrow.
- On his personal blog, Duck Duck Go founder Gabe Weinberg talks about a trend away from sole founders, like himself.
- Start Philly has a piece on Play Say and founder Ryan Meinzer a language learning system company launched in the region.
- The Trenton Times reports on Princeton scientists looking into the future of laser technology. H/T Philly Tech News
GIVE A GLANCE
- Daring Fireball Jon Gruber reports that there’s no camera on the looming Apple Tablet.
- The Philly Business Journal also reports that Frazer-based Cephalon has been scolded by the Food and Drug Administration for promotional materials related to its cancer drug Treanda.
- The Inquirer reports that Pfizer will cut 680 employees in two Pa. sites, including, as PTN suggests, Wyeth’s IT department.
- NJ.com reports that the Mutter Museum has added Webisodes, as seen below.
- Our most trafficked story of the week: Our City of Philadelphia logo design contest winner: Sara DeMarco
Every Friday morning, we make sure you didn’t miss anything with Friday Tech Links.-30-