About The Agora Companies
The Agora, or “Agora” as it is commonly called, is often mistaken for a relatively small “publishing company” out of Baltimore, Maryland. In fact, what began as a half-dozen like-minded writers in a small city row home is now a collection of over 20 of the world’s most powerful privately owned media companies.
The name “Agora” was initially given by Bill Bonner to those half dozen writers in 1978. The word is a Greek term for “marketplace.” To Bill, he and his colleagues had conceived of the world’s first marketplace for ideas. Not just any ideas – ideas that you weren’t likely to get elsewhere. The world did not need any more “information.”
Today the name “Agora” is synonymous with icons of the alternative press, and masters of direct marketing.
- How 14 West plays matchmaker for Baltimore job seekers
- Meet Baltimore Innovation Week’s first-ever title sponsor: 14 West
- Meet the new Agora companies
- These 29 Baltimore tech firms are hiring right now: NET/WORK 2016
- 7 lessons from the #BIW15 Future of Digital Marketing conference that will take your business to the next level
- Speakers announced for #BIW15 Future of Digital Marketing conference