Freshly is seeking an experienced: VP of Manufacturing Operations
The VP of Operations has overall responsibility for the performance of the manufacturing operations across multiple facility locations, including employee safety and security, product quality, food safety, production, achieving budget and cost targets, sustainability and capital project management. The VP of Operations will lead the implementation of integrated work system strategies for multiple sites while working closely with corporate resources and driving a high performance culture by improving leadership capabilities at all levels of the plant facility.
· Coordinate the use of lean methods to drive improvements in organization, procedures, equipment, processes and facilities that will improve production and reduce costs while producing a high quality product.
· Direct and manage plant operations to meet or exceed safety programs to protect the workforce, quality, food safety, production, procurement, logistics, maintenance and continuous improvement objectives.
· Responsible for the implementation and advancement of continuous improvement initiatives, as well as advancing the company’s culture in the workplace.
· Responsible for plant and product compliance with Federal and State regulatory requirements as well as ensuring compliance with Corporate, Health, Safety, Sanitation, Quality and other regulations.
· Build strong working relationships with other departments/divisions of the company (Purchasing, Finance, Human Resources, Quality, Facility Development) in all matters related to plant activity.
· Maintain responsibility for creation of OPEX budgets, and monitors P&L as it pertains to meal production, food cost, packaging cost, labor, and waste.
· Provide clear direction and leadership to Plant Operations Management by setting goals and KPIs using known lean tools and policy deployment.
· Measure Management performance through metric and performance reviews.
· Plan and Execute short term and long term operational strategic plans based on liaison with the executive Management Team
· Ability to multitask and perform in a fast paced environment experiencing rapid growth.
· Experience implementing new equipment, lines, and processes on a constant basis.
· Flexible schedule with Weekend work and frequent travel required (estimate travel time 50%).
· Liaison to VP of Facility Development in staffing and opening new facilities annually.
· Preferred Bachelors Degree in Business, or other technical discipline
· 10 or more years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility with a human food manufacturing, preferred Ready to Eat Meals Manufacturing Experience
· Experience with multi-site responsibility
· Broad knowledge of standards of manufacturing technology, finance, food safety, organizational development/management, employee relations and lean methods
· Successful experience Hiring, leading and developing leaders
· Extensive change management experience and skilled at building productive relationships
· Experience with ERP System Implementation
· Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment and have strong demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, and self-initiative skills and possess a strong work ethic
· Detail-oriented with strong problem resolution abilities and capabilities in leading multiple projects simultaneously
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· PC proficiency
· Strong problem solving capabilities and interpersonal skills are essential
· Plant and Office Environment, Travel Required
Competitive salary + Stock Options
Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision and 401(k)
At FRESHLY, we’re pioneering the most convenient way for people to eat healthy, delicious, ready-made meals. We work hard with talented chefs to make it unbelievably easy for our customers to trust that their meals will always be mouthwateringly tasty and crafted with the highest quality ingredients — while also making their day a lot lighter! Headquartered in New York, FRESHLY believes in democratizing access to their own personal chef. We’re looking to invest in total stars who believe in what we’re doing and think they could be a pivotal ingredient to our success.
Here’s some recent chatter about us:
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!