Dog Parker believes humans and their dogs are happier when they are together. We strive to maximize the time owners spend with their best friend. We believe in great design and the power of technology to enable “dog-friendlier” communities.
The Head of Product will report to the COO and work closely with both Co-Founders and a development team to improve Dog Parker’s offerings and the strength of its business by leading innovations in hardware design and technical innovations, improving efficiency and reliability in manufacturing and supply chain, stewarding our technical stack, and advancing our digital assets including Dog Parker web properties, web/mobile apps and our backend operations and fleet management systems. We are looking for someone who will deeply understand the company’s technology, interface with a remote development team, and lead the strategy for the product.
The ideal candidate for Dog Parker is first and foremost a resilient entrepreneur. We are looking for creative people who are A+ team players, unafraid to try and fail and face any problem head-on. The ideal candidate will have worked for a startup before as a founding or senior team member in product development and has a technology development background and experience with agile development practices.
- Lead and manage the development process for the mobile-app, website, and backend operations systems
- Lead and manage R&D for the physical product and hardware development
- Manage contract manufacturing process and source necessary components of BO
- Define specifications, resources, and schedule for project implementation, goals, and milestone
- Use technical skills to communicate between the management team and the development team and help prioritize incremental feature development and make sure requirements are understood by everyone involved
- Run complex technical projects from design and development to implementation
- Fully understand and pinpoint Dog Parker members’ needs to test and prioritize feature development
- Suggest solutions to improve the member user experience with consideration for product contracts/budgets, positioning, and market requirements
- Coordinate product releases with the Director of Marketing
- Stay on top of most current technology trends and suggest ways for Dog Parker products to integrate cutting edge features and security technology
- Continually improve Dog Parker’s backend operations systems including: CRM, billing systems, fleet management, member sign up and account management
- Explore new ways to improve product solutions as a way of increasing profitability
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning
Experience (Must have)
- Must love all things dogs!
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience building technology products
- An aptitude for systems-thinking
- Knowledge of the digital landscape, including A/B testing and latest tactics and tools for analytics and reporting
- Strong analytical, planning, and budgeting skills
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge in marketing functions, operations, and sales
- Experience with subscription services or hardware-enabled services
- Technical experience with hardware and firmware