The mission of Quality and Operations Support is to make sure the Member Operations department is running smoothly and successfully. This means: supplying partner teams with actionable and trustworthy data, ensuring they are always ready for product launches and big announcements, training them to do their best work and then auditing to make sure they’re achieving their goals, and building a smart long-term technology strategy.
If you’re an experienced leader with a vision for – and demonstrated success in – bringing these functions together under a common strategy, we want to hear from you. The Director of Quality and Operations Support will report to the VP of Member Operations.
The role can be located in either Brooklyn NY or Hudson NY.
About the Role
- Overseeing functions that support multiple Member Operations teams, such as Quality Assurance, Training, Insights / Process Improvement, Technology Operations and Launch Operations.
- Making sure these functions are operating at their best and mutually reinforcing each other.
- Conducting a regular and comprehensive audit of the support and enforcement experience.
- Helping teams take a fresh look at what they do. Where needed, you will help Member Ops teams develop and refine goals and metrics for their functions.
- Driving monthly operational readiness meetings with leaders from Member Ops teams and helping to mitigate any risks that come up.
- Identifying areas to improve inter-team processes and provide a more consistent member experience.
- Owning the Member Ops staffing and budget model, making sure teams are adequately staffed and resourced to execute on strategy. You will be an indispensable part of our quarterly planning process and a key contributor to the Member Ops roadmap.
- Developing the technical skills sets and capabilities of the Quality and Support Operations team to fill gaps in knowledge across Member Operations.
- 7+ years of experience managing a team in a customer support or policy enforcement organization. 3+ years of that time should include operational leadership experience with responsibility for data analytics. Experience at a contact center is particularly helpful.
- Deep familiarity with the latest trends in customer support technology and experience using a variety of ticketing / help desk platforms. Bonus points for having experience implementing or migrating to a system.
- Both theoretical and practical knowledge of workforce optimization strategies.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical ability – you love cracking a difficult problem and you’re not afraid to explore creative solutions.
- Mastery of Google Apps Suite and deep experience building Excel models.
- A collaborative management style, an adaptable and resilient nature, a drive to bring out the best in the people around you, an insatiable sense of curiosity.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Etsy operates marketplaces where millions of people around the world connect, both online and offline, to make, sell and buy unique goods.
Etsy also offers a wide range of seller services and tools that help creative entrepreneurs start, grow and manage their businesses. The Etsy community includes creative entrepreneurs who sell on our platform, thoughtful consumers looking to buy unique goods in our marketplace, retailers and manufacturers who partner with Etsy sellers to help them grow their businesses and Etsy employees who maintain our platform and nurture our ecosystem. Our mission is to reimagine commerce in ways that build a more fulfilling and lasting world, and we’re committed to using the power of business to strengthen communities and empower people.
Apply for this job
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Mention you found this work on Technical.ly!