In 10 years, the 12-acre plot of land in West Baltimore that contains the University of Maryland BioPark has slowly expanded. Today the BioPark is at full occupancy, with 35 biotech and health IT startups.
That was announced Thursday at the first University of Maryland, Baltimore, state of the university address. Along with the occupancy announcement came news of a new master plan for the BioPark, still in the works, as well an update on the $200 million proton cancer treatment center that will treat 2,000 patients annually when construction is finished.
In addition, a new, 200,000-square-foot tenant and incubator building is being constructed at 873 W. Baltimore St., as Technical.ly Baltimore reported in the fall.
Here are the 35 BioPark tenants:
Inside 800 W. Baltimore St.
- Center for Vascular and Inflammatory Diseases
- Fyodor Biotechnologies Inc.
- Harbor Bank
- Human Research Protections Office
- Noxilizer, Inc.
- Ocular Proteomics, LLC
- Otorhinolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery Research Lab
- SNBL Clinical Pharmacology Center, Inc.
- University of Maryland Dept. of Radiation Oncology
Inside 801 W. Baltimore St.
- Advanced Metrics
- Baltimore Bioworks
- Baltimore City Community College Life Sciences Institute
- Cafe Gourmet
- CHI Center for Translational Research
- Clinical Trial Center for Functional Foods (CTCF2)
- Early Charm Ventures LLC
- eNeura Therapeutics
- Gliknik Inc.
- Global Virus Network
- immotions medical, inc.
- Institute for Genome Sciences
- IRAZÚ BioDiscovery, LLC (an affiliate of Paragon Bioservices)
- JS Yoon Memorial Cancer Research
- KoDiscovery, LLC
- Paragon Bioservices
- Quality Solutions, LLC
- SilcBio, LLC
- SYSTAAQ Diagnostic Products Inc.
- University of Maryland Robert H. Smith School of Business
- Vigilant Bioservices, LLC
- Vizuri Health Sciences
- Wexford Science & Technology, a BioMed Realty Company